The Web The Rock Circus

Welcome!

We are open to hearing everyone's advice, criticism, encouragement and complaints! Also, if you want to see your band promoted here or if you have interesting news that you would like to share feel free to e-mail us at PaulaAshlee@VisceralMusic.com

Monday, October 29, 2007

Defending, but Laughing at Indie Music


Say Anything's new two-disc album In Defense of the Genre is now out and available for purchase!

Is it just me or does Say Anything, despite making great music, always seem to be sort of laughing at themselves? The album seems like a more subtle version of Bob Dylan's outward snickering on the original recording of "All I Really Want To Do." Anyway, I have been listening to "Spores" and "About Falling" on repeat these past few days. Here are some lyrics from those songs that I find especially attention-getting...

Spores: "You know I still know how to fuck your eyes crossed"

About Falling:
"And I don't really even care if I'm alone now/ And I don't really give a damn about falling in love/ My body burning by my heavy heart of stone now./ And I don't really give a damn about falling in love."

Photo Credit: www.jrecords.com">JRecords.com

No comments: