The Web The Rock Circus

Welcome!

We are open to hearing everyone's advice, criticism, encouragement and complaints! Also, if you want to see your band promoted here or if you have interesting news that you would like to share feel free to e-mail us at PaulaAshlee@VisceralMusic.com

Friday, November 2, 2007

Is Rob Thomas "Uncreative?"


Rob Thomas posted on Spinner.com that when he listens to Tom Petty's song "Square One" he instantly feels "uncreative." "I feel like the worst songwriter in the world, like anything I've done can never touch the purity of what I just heard," Thomas posted. "And I'll sit and listen to 'Square One' over and over, and I'm trying to decipher it. I'm like, 'I don't get it. It's only three chords. I know these chords. Why haven't I done that?'"

Sure, few people are going to match the greatness of Tom Petty, but don't be so hard on yourself, Rob.

Photo Credit: outandaboutnewspaper.com

No comments: